Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things to do in Cape Town before we leave in 10 days time

In my previous post I commented on the joy of encountering new ridiculously colourful bishops as one of the positives of the itinerant ministry. Read that post here. Now the time to itinerate (read about that here) is close and it's time for final lists of things to do before leaving Cape Town, surely one of the more beautiful places to live.

1. Reflect on Matthew, Mark and Luke's accounts of the sending out of the 12 and the 72 and ask myself: Can I say as we leave here that "the Kingdom of God has come near you"?
Can I say that where my wife Chris and I have been, the Kingdom of God has been?

2. Pack.

3. Have High Tea at the Nellie (The Mount Nelson Hotel)

4. See Table Mountain all lit up on a clear summer evening.

5. Do the Cape Town Eye at sunset

6. Have one last breakfast at Blaauwberg looking over Table Bay.

7. Have fish and chips at the harbour at Hout Bay as the fishing boats return in the evening.

8. Climb up Table Mountain one last time

9. Reflect on whether wherever I've been, the Kingdom of God has been.

10. Pack and leave behind Africa's most beautiful city.