Monday, January 31, 2011

Published Prayers by John Wesley: 3.


O LORD God Almighty, Father of angels and men, I praise and bless thy holy name for
all thy goodness and loving-kindness to me and all mankind. I bless thee for my creation,
preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all, for thy great love in the
redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ. I bless thee for preserving me in the
night past, and bringing me safe to the beginning of a new day. Defend me in the same
with thy mighty power, and grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind
of danger; but let all my doings be so ordered by thy governance, that I may do always
that which is righteous in thy sight, through Jesus Christ my Redeemer. Grant me such
grace, that I may be able to withstand the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the
devil, and with a pure heart and mind to follow the steps of my gracious Redeemer. Keep
me, I beseech thee, O Lord, from all things hurtful to my soul or body, and grant me thy
pardon and peace, that, being cleansed from all my sins, I may serve thee with a quiet
mind, bring forth plenteously the fruit of good works, and continue in the same unto my
life’s end, through Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.