Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wesley's Prayers for Children 7

Morning Prayer
O LORD God Almighty, Fountain of all goodness, and Father of all mercies, I desire again to
bow my knee before thy holy Majesty, humbly beseeching thee to accept my praise and
thanksgivings for thy mercies to me in the night season. I laid me down and slept, and rose up
again in safety; for it was thou only, O Lord, that sustainedst me. And now, O my soul, return
unto thy rest. Look upon me, O Lord, in thy rich mercy, and, for thy dear Son's sake, be gracious
unto my soul. Lighten my darkness, I beseech thee, O Lord, and let the dayspring from on high
visit me. Enable me to cast away all the works of darkness, and to put upon me the armour of
light, that I may be able to renounce the world, the flesh, and the devil; to keep thy holy will and
commandments, and to walk in the same all the days of my life. Give me, O Lord, wisdom to
know the things that belong to my peace, before I go hence, and am no more seen. Graft in my
heart the love of thy name, increase in me true religion, and nourish me with all goodness. Give
me the spirit to think and do always such things as be rightful. Teach me to ask and seek only
such things as shall please thee and profit my soul. Give me such a measure of thy grace, that I
may run the way of thy commandments, obtain thy gracious promises, and be made a partaker of
thy heavenly treasures. Pour down upon me the abundance of thy mercy. Give me more than I can
either desire or deserve. O give me the increase of faith, hope, and love; and keep me ever by thy
help from all things hurtful, and lead me to all things useful. Let thy grace always prevent and
follow me, that I may be continually given to all good works, and may always glorify my Father
which is in heaven. These, and every other blessing, for me, and for thy whole Church, I humbly
beg in the name, and for the sake of the merits, of Jesus Christ my Redeemer; to whom, with thee
and the Holy Ghost, Amen