Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back from Sabbatical


A few moths ago I posted that "Holey, Wholly, Holy, John Wesley's Blog, and John Wesley Journal on Facebook will be on sabbatical until further notice. Cedric Poole, the person behind the JohnWesleyProject.com, is on sabbatical, completing a Master's degree at the University of Witwatersrand Medical Faculty in Johannesburg, South Africa. I will return to these pages once my course work and thesis are complete. I covet your prayers during this period. Until we meet again, pursue holiness, grow in holiness and be holy, just as our God is holy."

Well, I'm back from the last month of my sabbatical, my thesis is taking shape and posts on my pages will resume. This Sunday I begin a series on the Sermon on the Mount, based on John Wesley's discourses on the same subject. It will run for 15 weeks and with the sermons I will be posting daily devotions based on the theme for the week. There will also be 10 questions each week for use in small groups.

John Wesley's belief and teaching was that a faith which does not lead to the religion described in the Sermon on the Mount is not the faith that saves. He warns that we must beware of resting on a faith which does not save.

This series will hopefully help us to celebrate salvation by faith alone by teaching what we Methodists/Wesleyans believe such a faith looks like.