Thursday, November 10, 2011

Daily Devotions for Week 12 of Sermon on the Mount Thur

Jesus’ Narrow, Difficult, Lonely Road



This week we look at five biblical heroes namely David, Jonah, Jeremiah, Jesus and Stephen who each in their own way discovered the difficulty and loneliness of walking the Lord's way. Draw strength and encouragement from the truth that the Lord who strengthened them and who was with them even when they thought He wasn't with them, is the Lord who is with you, strengthening you and strengthening those you might be led to pray for.


Psalm 22
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, and am not silent.
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the praise of Israel.
In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by men and despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
"He trusts in the LORD;
let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him."

Pray for those Christians who walk the lonely road of feeling abandoned by God

and who suffer the taunts of those who mockingly suggest that God should make

their situation better.