Questions based on First Words at Home
Read the Sermon here
In our reading from Nehemiah:
· Why do you think the people were so desperate to hear the word of God?
· Who listened?
· How long did they listen for?
· What was the end result of hearing the word of God?
· What were the synagogue scrolls, how many sets were there and how were they made up (L_ _, P_ _ _ _ _ _ _ and W_ _ _ _ _ _ _)?
· What is a lectionary?
· Do you think there is value in personal, regular, Bible reading? Perhaps share your experiences.
· What does it mean if we say: “The Bible is authoritative in my life?
· Is the Bible authoritative in your life?
· What do you think of the statistic that 39% of folk at AMC believe that the Bible has authority in their lives?
· As you read Scripture this week, record what God might be saying about your particular personal mission statement in your season of life.
· What will it mean to ‘watch your words’ this week?