Read the sermon here
Readings – John 21:1-19; Acts 9:1-20; Rev 5:11-14
• “Christ calls you beyond yourself.” Discuss whether this has been true in your life, especially as you have grown in grace and love.
• “Those whom Christ truly calls, Christ truly stretches.” Discuss this.
• “Stretch is the norm.” True or false? Discuss your answer.
• Loving God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind stretches us. Read through the readings and find examples of each of these 4 being stretched.
• How should the Resurrection of Jesus stretch our behavior (Mt 25:31-46 and Mt 5:48)?
• How should the Resurrection of Jesus stretch our worship?
• When last were you wrong about something?
• When last did you admit that you were wrong about something?
• “Nothing is happening to you that is beyond God’s will or beyond God’s power to use for good.” Discuss and then pray for one another.