Saturday, March 5, 2016

Psalm 23 for Mothering Sunday

Dedicated to the mothers, past and present, 
some of whom are my daughters 
who, since 1860, by the grace of God
 have played a major role in my life,
 even the ones who never met me,
but who I know prayed for me:
Caroline, Bestema, Alice,
Maud, Irene, my beloved Chrissikins,
Candice and Lee

My Mom is (perhaps was, or tried  her best to be) my Shepherd, 

she tries her best to provide for me so that I have everything I need.
She makes me lie down and tucks me in, in green pastures.
She leads me beside quiet waters.
She refreshes my soul.
She guides me along the right paths, for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I need not be afraid,
Because she is (somehow always) with me;
Her presence……comforts me.
She prepares a feast for me, especially when I've had a hard time from my enemies;
She anoints my head with the oil of her love.
Her goodness and love follow me (in the form of her hopes and prayers for me) all the days of my life
And I will dwell in her heart forever.