Questions based on Facing the future looking backwards
Read the sermon here
Luke 20: 27-38
· What do you understand by the term “Levirate Marriage” and why do you think God included it in the laws He gave Moses to give to the people? Read Deuteronomy 25:5-10 and discuss the sandals and spit for the brother who refuses to marry his brother’s wife.
· How do we decide which laws from the Old Testament we keep, and which we ignore?
· Discuss the main difference between the Sadducees and the Pharisees highlighted in the sermon. Then read Acts 23:6-10 to see how Paul puts this difference to good use.
· What do you believe about the resurrection of the dead?
· What do you believe about the age to come?
· How does what you believe about these things make a difference in your daily life?