Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Almighty and gracious Father, we give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make us, we pray, faithful stewards of your great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.


In preparation for our Harvest and Thanksgiving Service on 26 October here in Alberton, South
Africa, I invited folk to submit any of their thanksgivings for inclusion on the day. The response was quite overwhelming and very encouraging as all of the prayers reflect a desire to thank our LORD for what He does and has done. It's also humbling and convicting to hear folk thanking God for things that so many normally take for granted. I believe the desire to be thankful was part of what made our celebration so special
Sharon, Kelli and Amber give thanks for the special man God has blessed us with.  We give thanks for the happiness, love, care, generosity and guidance Clifford has brought into our lives.  We know the best is yet to come and we will not forget to give praise and glory to our Lord for these blessings.  PSALM 95: 2 -3 “Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.”

For a growing family who love our Lord.

I am thankful for my wonderful child the Lord has blessed me with.  And thankful she follows the Lord so faithfully.  Jessica Putter, you are an inspiration.  Love Mom.

I thank the Lord our Saviour for all my family and friends, and most of all for our relationship with Him.  Thank You for loving us.  Heavenly Father, we love you.  Bless you.

Family, friends and in these difficult times, a job.

Thank You for a wonderful wife who has stood by me all these years.  Without her, I would not have had such a lovely house and car.  She has stood by me through thick and thin.  I am also very grateful for our health and all the very good friends we have.

I am grateful for the new home for my family.  I am grateful for my children.

My thanksgiving prayers to the wonderful Lord are:
-       To thank the Lord for the parents and family I have.  To thank the Lord for keeping us safe and blessing us in abundance.
-       To thank the Lord for the mother I have.  She is strong and very loving.  May the Lord continue to shower her with blessings and also to thank the Lord for healing my two right fingers after my accident with fire-crackers in January and also having a speedy recovery and they can work now.  Thank You Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for blessing me with the most amazing, supportive and loving husband I could ask for!  You have truly gone beyond my prayers and I thank You with all my heart for him.  May our relationship give You the Glory always.

LORD we are thankful for the life and family you have given us;
For fulfilling our needs and of those who depend on us;
For our parents, even though their bodies are now frail, their wisdom we cherish.
Thank you for being so loving a God that continuously protects us from the evils of this world.

We would want to thank our Gracious Lord for
1..           Our Families Good Health, our basic senses & AIR that we breathe
2..           Constant Protection against evil over our Family & Friends
3..           Provision of all basic food and other essential requirements
4..           For our Wonderful Grand Daughter - Paige
In Jesus name we pray – Amen

Remembrance of late Heather Wilson who was part of the Sunday School for over 20 years.

Thank You Lord for my amazing family, friends, house, horse, pets.  Lord, I just want to say thank You for making me the way I am.

I give thanks for my family, friends, house, animals and all the things I have.  And that I can go to school and Church.

Thank You for our Church family who are always there for us in times of need.

Thank You for blessing us with children.

Thank You for my family and for my warn bed and house, for food and fresh clean water.

Thank You for new life and the joy & blessing they bring.  Mari & Hans Pater.

We thank God for his love, mercy and care of our family –
Warwick, his wife Rhona, son Justin, Bronwynn, her husband Wayne sons, Michael, Graham and Dyllyn.

Thank You for my family, friends and my new Dad.  Thank You for my Lord and God.  Buhle.

Thankful for the Lord, my family and friends during good and bad times.

Thanksgiving for family, new babies, good health and work.

My family, my friend, my healing, a new start to life, being able to deny self and offer myself as a living sacrifice to God.

Thankful for all the family and friends and my good marks at school.

My dear wife, my children and grandchildren, my health and Your love You have for me. Thank You Lord.

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and a family that cares for me.  I am also thankful that I am able to go to school and come to Church.

For family who are precious no matter who or how or what we are.  For friends who stand by us.

Thank You Lord that my husband Peter has not been in hospital for the past two years.
Thank You Lord that we are going to be blessed with a new granddaughter in February 2015.

Nico’s recovery – cancer of the throat.

Thank You Lord for blessing us with good health.

Health, safety and loved ones.

Celebrating my overcoming my eye operations (3) so far, still going to another eye operation in October.  Celebrating my healthy living with my family.  Thanks to the St. John’s Eye Clinic for superb jobs they do everyday.

I’m grateful for health and life. – Silindile Mayise.

God healed me from breast cancer.  I am well.  Thank Him for speedy recovery.

I want to thank God for healing my daughter Rebecca from her most critical depression.  I give Him honour and glory.  Amen.  Mary.

God’s pre-venient Grace.

For everything I have been blessed with and all the blessings that will continue for the rest of my life.  God has truly blessed me with such awesome things.

Thanks to my Father for His never-ending blessings, comfort, strength and love for me even when I am so undeserving!  I am in awe of my Father’s greatness!

I am thankful to God for protecting me since I was a little baby.  In my growing years, He walked with me through very hard and difficult times.  When my marriage was falling apart, He helped me to keep it together by giving me a forgiving heart.  When my beloved son died, I wanted to die as well, but He gave me the strength to continue to live.

I believe everything I have is from You, Jesus and everything I have is Yours, Jesus and so I am thankful for the roof over my head, the health I enjoy, the wonderful husband I have, my children and grandchildren, but most of all I have You Jesus to love me, take care of me and my family.  And I can always consult You when I have a decision to make and so I put You first in my life.  Thank You for the Church, I am so grateful that we can worship you freely here in Alberton.  Love You Lord Jesus forever and ever.

Thank You for Your love and our Family Lord.

Thanks that Amcare got money for salaries for their staff.  God is good.

Thank You Lord for all our blessings, ie: family, friends, a roof over our heads, food, running water, health.  And thank You for Your unfailing love!!  We might falter and fail You, but You never fail us and we thank You for that!!!

My wife’s health.  My sons’ education.  My job satisfaction and sustenance of my business.  My general health and finances.

I thank the Lord for retiring from work in good health, the marriage of my daughter and the wonderful son-in-law that He has given me.  I thank the Lord for being re-called to work in my profession which is deteriorating due to non-commitment.  Thank You Lord for the rain, life and blessings.

Thanks and praise to God for His love & mercy, for everything He has given me and for the strength & guidance every day. – L. van Deventer

Thank You for Your mercy & grace.  Thank You for Your love.  Thank You for Your gift of the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for giving me another chance in life; thanks for the fresh start and the support I’ve received from family & friends during my difficult time of divorce.  Thanks for the strength You gave my kids and my ex-wife.  Most of all, thanks for being there.  In Jesus’ name.

Thank you Jesus for being in control and having Your Hand over some very difficult circumstances.  Thank you for bringing families back together and for giving them the strength to take one day at a time.  Thank You for holding my family together and for giving them the courage to continue in spite of trying times.

Thanks for all my blessings, my light during dark days, my strength when I had none.

For God’s many blessings in my life.

A heart of gratitude for God answering our prayers and providing us with financial independence.  Thank You Father for our good health.  Thank You Father for our families. 


Thank GOD for Blessing AMC on the 05 January 2014
Thank GOD for all the jobs that GOD is giving.
Thank GOD for giving everybody the change to Hear and accept the Gospel of LORD JESUS.
Thank GOD for Hearing our prayers - Daniel 10 v 12b.
Thank GOD for the Joyful Commemoration of the divine Guidance that GOD is giving AMC.
Thank GOD for using AMC to take the GOSPEL to the end of the world missionaries-India, Mozambican.
Thank GOD for houses, petrol, food, clean water, and electricity.
Thank GOD for our families.

·         For the Freedom to be able to Worship and be a Christian in a Peaceful country
·         For my husband, who provides and protects his family
·         For the Blessing of being a mother to two of the most amazing men
·         For my son who has a servant heart – going and doing what most other wouldn’t
·         For my son who shows his love and compassion on a sports field
·         Family
·         Health
·         Jobs, transportation and a warm bed to sleep in
·         For the wonderful people who work at Hospice – caring and devoted staff
·         For my amazing cell group
·         My incredible friends
·         Being able to attend Conferences that have brought about HUGE growth opportunities
·         Being privileged to attend a Ladies Retreat – having alone time with God


I give thanks for the chance of being able to wake up each day.  I give thanks for my family and my health.

Finding a new spiritual home.

Thank You Lord for creating the world for us to live on.  Thank You for making our parents that gave birth to us.  Thank You for pets so we can not be lonely and thank You for friends so we can play with someone.  Thank You for education so that we can learn and thank You for Churches so that we can learn about You.

We are thankful for food and water and for us to have an education and for family.

I am thankful for health, family, friend, school, daily bread, being able to wake up everyday and praise God openly.

Lord, I am thankful that I know You and You are in my life.

Dear God, I would like to thank you for waking me up every Sunday to come in Church and praise You and for the loving family and friends that You gave me.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

I thank the Lord Jesus for my birthday and that I have parents that can look after me and that Jesus is always there for me and blesses me and my family.

I am thankful for the family, good health and the God-given opportunity to wake up every morning.

Lord, thank You for Alberton Methodist Church.  Thank You for the good things You do for us, thank You Lord for Cedric Poole, Ryan Killian and Vernon van Wyk.  Thank You Lord for all the lovely people at the Church.  Let us all have a great day! Amen.

I am thankful for my mom, Dad, family.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be playing SER Cricket and to be invited to Southern Gauteng Trials for cricket.  I am thankful for all the support I have been given.

I thank God for His goodness and greatness and grace and mercy.  I thank God that I am written in His book of life.  I thank God for what He has done in my life and my husband’s life, how we have grown in Him.  I thank Him for my marriage and every area of my life.  Thank You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus, my family, my grandson, my health and my wife.

I am thankful that God saved me from this world; that He calls me, a sinner, His daughter!  I am thankful that God has called me to work with Him in building His great Kingdom – the GREATEST joy!

We are thankful for jobs, food, water and clean air every day.

I’m thankful I was kept safe during my hijacking.  I’m thankful to be in a job I enjoy.  I’m thankful for my family.

Thanks to our motivated and dedicated youth and the magnificent work they do changing the world.

Thankful for my husband able to still work.  Son recovering from cancer.  Daughter finding work.  And blessed with a lovely granddaughter.  Thankful for life.  Cathy Scheepers.

I want to thank God for using me in the Kairos Prison Ministry and World Hope Prison Ministry.  I would like to continue my service to You Lord in 2015; please make it possible for me to do so.  Plus I would like You to bless me with an income of R5000 every month from next year.  Thank You for blessing me.  I love You so much Lord.

May the Lord give us peace and fulfilment of life.  Let nature and our lives interact in Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

I am thankful for all my blessings; my family and friends.  I thank God for all His mercies on my life.

For all Thy gifts; of health, family, memories, but most of all for Jesus and His Church, which has nurtured me, supported me and have been my friends.  Praise Him for the Sunday School and its faithfulness.

I thank the Lord for family, health and His blessings.  His grace is indeed sufficient for us.

Let the Lord be with and guide and keep us in His Way.

If you can please ask the blessings for me so that I can be employed permanently in my work.  Thank you!  God Bless.

Heavenly Father, we thank You for giving us the gift of life, for the warmth of the Springtime and the food that nourishes us.  Thank You for being there when we need You, in times of trouble and when our finances are low, You are our strength and our shield.  We are so grateful for Your love.  We praise You Lord for doing more than we could think of asking for.


I thank God for continued healing in my body, for new life and chapter in my life, for a new-found love and companionship.  For prosperity that we are waiting for in our business, for family, life, love, continued blessing and joy.  Amen.